James Oxenberry Tiddy purchased lot 8 on 31 July 1873. He erected a general store and began trading as Tiddy and Kitto. In 1882 he built what was described as a ‘handsome shop’. In 1913 they became a limited company and they expanded to branches at Ardrossan, Weetulta and Edithburgh. He went into partnership with his sons J.O. junior and M T tiddy and son-in-law A T Mullner. When the Company dissolved in the late 1940s, A.H. Richards & Son continued the drapery department until the 1970s. W.P. Seyfang continued the grocery department until the 1990s. This building is now being used as a retail shop.