The first church building on this site was an iron structure opened on Easter Sunday 1875, and dubbed the Iron King. This building was opened in 1883 with seating for 142 people. In 1915 the Primary Room was added. A memorial porch was opened in 1921 in memory of members who served in the first World War. In 1968 the Congregational and Methodist Churches became the United Church. This building was no longer needed and was given to the Congregational Homes for the Aged in 1975.
The Congregational Church of Maitland