This was the site of Dahlhem’s carpenter shop. Messrs Bowey and T Bowen built one of Maitland’s first garages here. In 1916, L M Gilbert became the proprietor and secured an agency for Buick, Ford and Fiat cars. In 1922, he installed the first petrol bowser in a South Australia provincial town. Gilbert was joined by K L MacDonald in 1926, trading as Gilbert MacDonald LTD. The business was sold to Freeman & Dunnet in 1929, and passed to the Toop family in 1948. The store is now managed by Rex Toop and now trades as Peninsula Toyota.