Located in the heart of the city, the Maitland Town Hall is a highly sought-after venue, playing host to theatrical performances, receptions. Its foundation was laid on the 16th of January in 1882 and was opened exactly 2 years later. It had every thing from offices to bathrooms and hall with seating for 450 people.
A new stage was added in 1910 along with a new kitchen, library and supper room.
Extensive alterations in 1957 to 1958 included a foyer, ballroom, corporation, a new library, and staggered seating in the theater.