The Maitland Hospital foundation stone was laid on November 11th 1911. The first owner was called Hon J C. Bice.
The nurses quarters were built in 1921 and the maternity block was opened in 1927. The new hospital was built in 1972 and it has been upgraded over the years. There have been a lot of people that use the hospitals for emergencies.