Realising the demand for a local bakery, Aaron Jarrett built his bakehouse. His first bread supply was baked in March 1878. The business changed hands many times until 1899 when it was bought by William Otto Mullner who built two new shops in 1914. In 1916, baker and pasty cook, Thomas Edward Ash, purchased the business. In 1925 it was sold to W J Mullner and A Cameron. In 1937 the bakery was bought by E J Braund. In 1957 it was bought by R and B Fenwick.
The big tower on top of the bakery is where they used to store the flour. The bakers put the perfect amount in the old mixer and add water to the mixer in order to